- Autism Speaks
- Council for Exceptional Children
- The Massachusetts Arc
- Nationally recognized authority on Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Information on educating students with ADHD
- Information on Dyslexia
- National Council for Learning Disabilities
Federation for Children with Special Needs
The organization works with the DESE and operates as a Parent Center to offer a variety of services to parents, parent groups, and others who are concerned with children with special needs.
- Massachusetts State Resources on Disability Issues
List of state agencies, disability-specific organizations, organizations for parents, and other disability resources.
- One Place for Special Needs
Resources, professionals, and organizations that offer programs and services to the disability community.
Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE)
- Disability Definitiions
Definitions of disabilities and related links
- Education Laws & Regulations
603 CMR 28.00 Special Education Regulations
- Is special education the right service?
A technical assistance guide to help determine if special education is the right service for a student.
- Parent Guide
A Parent's Guide for Special Education, developed to serve as a resource for parents & the organizations that serve them.
- Parents Rights Brochure
A Brochure to assist in understanding the special education process, and the rights of the parent's when their child has been referred for or is receiving special education services.
- Program Quality Assurance (PQA)
PQA implements the Department's compliance monitoring and complaint management procedures for schools. It provides technical assistance to schools and the public regarding implementation of laws and regulations.